Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 & 2 1/4 Scanners
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 01:19:19 -0500

Alexander, Bob and others wrote:

> > I really appreciate the input from many of you on digital photography.  It has
> > been extremely helpful in deciding what I need.
> >
> > I am convinced that the HP Photosmart scanner would be acceptable for what I
> > want to use it for and I almost purchased one yesterday.  I am still holding
> > back because it does not accommodate 2 1/4 negatives and slides.   About 40%
> > of my work is in this format.  The next problem is finding a dual scanner that
> > is affordable.   The Nikon 4500AF is over $5000.
> >
> > I would appreciate input and direction from LUGGERS on this dilemna.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Bob Bedwell
> >
> Look into the Minolta multi scan. It is multi format, has a higher
> resoltion than the Nikon and is more affordable.

Carl says...

Let me add my two cents to this thread. I have no experience with this
product but it has caught my eye for what it offers in solution to the
above; both in terms of multi-format scanning as well as transparency
and reflected art. It is not a flatbed with a transparency adapter but
rather a transparency/film scanner as well as a seperate flatbed. Any
feedback or knowledge of Microtek's Scanmaker 5 is appreciated.

http://www.microtekusa.com/sm5b.html
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/