Subject: [Leica] 35 & 2 1/4 Scanners
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 07:41:54 +0200

- --------------BF5107B7ABCD1FA8C4742620

> I really appreciate the input from many of you on digital photography.  It has
> been extremely helpful in deciding what I need.
>
> I am convinced that the HP Photosmart scanner would be acceptable for what I
> want to use it for and I almost purchased one yesterday.  I am still holding
> back because it does not accommodate 2 1/4 negatives and slides.   About 40%
> of my work is in this format.  The next problem is finding a dual scanner that
> is affordable.   The Nikon 4500AF is over $5000.
>
> I would appreciate input and direction from LUGGERS on this dilemna.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Bob Bedwell

Look into the Minolta multi scan. It is multi format, has a higher resoltion than the Nikon and is more affordable.

- --------------BF5107B7ABCD1FA8C4742620

<pre>I really appreciate the input from many of you on digital photography.&nbsp; It has
been extremely helpful in deciding what I need.

I am convinced that the HP Photosmart scanner would be acceptable for what I
want to use it for and I almost purchased one yesterday.&nbsp; I am still holding
back because it does not accommodate 2 1/4 negatives and slides.&nbsp;&nbsp; About 40%
of my work is in this format.&nbsp; The next problem is finding a dual scanner that
is affordable.&nbsp;&nbsp; The Nikon 4500AF is over $5000.&nbsp;&nbsp;

I would appreciate input and direction from LUGGERS on this dilemna.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Thank you,

Bob Bedwell</pre>