Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] film scanners
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:50:53 -0600

Monday, February 08, 1999, Eric wrote:
> It's sitting somewhere under a table rarely being used any more.

Eric,

I  have  an  old  Leaffax  35  photo  transmitter  sitting in a closet
unused...You know the original one that sounded like a vacuum cleaner,
3  inch  color  monitor  that  was  always off color, and took appx 40
minutes per color photo.

 Anyway do you know of a way to hitch this thing up to either a MAC or
 Windoze box using the GPIB out port we used to use to hitch it up the
 the LEAF desk?

 I  have called SCITEX and they are totally unhelpful saying that is an
 AP  product  and  we  do  not  support it...AP wants you to buy a MAC
 transfer  board  for  several thousand dollars (yeah right I'll use my
 sprint scan thank you very much)

 The  only  reason  I even care is that the scanner on that thing is a
 lot  higher  detail  than  my  sprint scan (according to the specs on
 it)...it  is  supposed  to  be  the  same as the Leaf Scan 35 desktop
 model,  but  in a zero haliburton case. combined with a 286 processor
 some such thing.  Would be a good backup forthe times when the Sprint
 scan goes down....

 Oh and welcome back...hope you liked your vacation.

Best regards,
 Harrison                          mailto:mcclary@iname.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com