Subject: Re: [Leica] film scanners
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 22:47:53 -0600

>I think used leaf 35s go for 2000 g used and the 45 around 4grand.  They are
>the next step to drum scanners IMHO.

Let me confirm that. I used a LeafScan45 for several years. Actually, it
was a prototype, not the final product. It had a squarish metal box instead
of the curvy plastic one of the production models. My newspaper is always
on the cutting edge, buying new stuff before it's proven. That scanner
proved itself to me. As good as scanners for twice the price (it sold for
$17,000). It's sitting somewhere under a table rarely being used any more.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

How do I set my laser printer on stun?