Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/2 R and Flare
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 17:19:26 +0000

>At 10:31 pm +0100 8/2/99, drodgers@nextlink.net wrote:
>>My 50/2 Summicron R has flared dramatically on several occasions.
>snip---
>
>I was not satisfied with the three 50 mm Summicrons (the latest version) I
>owned in terms of flare control, although I liked them in every other
>respect.  I cannot comment on SL and the first generation Summicron-R.
>
>--
>Mikiro Mori
>Strasbourg, Europe
>http://www.members.tripod.com/arbos3/cigogne/index.html

- -------

I don't know about flare on the R 50 Summicron, but I can tell you it's a
great lens in terms of sharpness wide open, color balance, and
dimensionality (it produces images in four, count 'em four, dimensions).
And I can thank Harrison McClary for the lens.  I actually prefer it to the
new Summilux R 50, of which I tried more than one.

John McLeod