Subject: [Leica] Nikon FS
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:57:56 -0800

- ------=_NextPart_000_009F_01BE5067.E4F0EA40

Okay, I know it's not quite Friday and this isn't Leica equipment, but I =
thought I'd give LUGgers a chance before posting this stuff on eBay.

1 Nikon F3HP, #186****, camera body, $425

1 Nikkor 20mm f2.8 AIS lens, $300

Both are well worn. The F3HP has relatively heavy brassing on the edges =
of the prism, and around the strap lugs, rewind knob, and shutter =
release. There is heavy finish wear on the back. There are little pecks =
and dings, but no major dents. About a year ago I had the rear portion =
of the prism replaced because the threads for the eyepiece were =
stripped. At that time the camera had a complete clean, lube and adjust. =
It's had very little use since. Mechanically perfect as to every =
function. A great camera for it's 100% viewfinder.

The 20mm is a good match condition-wise. The front glass is fine, there =
are some marks in the coating of the rear element that do not effect =
image quality. Before I bought this lens used I shot several rolls of =
chromes trying to notice any image imperfections from these coating =
marks and I could never see any.  Nikon rear cap and non-Nikon, plastic =
front cap. This was probably my favorite (non-Leica) lens. I'm only =
giving it up because I finally got the Leica 21mm 2.8 M.

I can Email jpegs of both to anyone who's interested. Both have been =
described a "press corps ugly," but I don't think they look that bad - =
I've certainly seen much worse. I've tried to price them to reflect =
their condition.

If someone wants to buy them both, I'll pay shipping, second-day in the =
lower 48 upon receipt of purchase price.

Bryan

- ------=_NextPart_000_009F_01BE5067.E4F0EA40

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Okay, I know it's not quite Friday =
and this=20
isn't Leica equipment, but I thought I'd give LUGgers a chance before =
posting=20
this stuff on eBay.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>1 Nikon F3HP, #186****, camera body, =

$425</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>1 Nikkor 20mm f2.8 AIS lens, =
$300</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Both are well worn. The F3HP has relatively heavy =
brassing on=20
the edges of the prism, and around the strap lugs, rewind knob, and =
shutter=20
release. There is heavy finish wear on the back. There are little pecks =
and=20
dings, but no major dents. About a year ago I had the rear portion of =
the prism=20
replaced because the threads for the eyepiece were stripped. At that =
time the=20
camera had a complete clean, lube and adjust. It's had very little use =
since.=20
Mechanically perfect as to every function. A great camera for it's 100%=20
viewfinder.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The 20mm is a good match condition-wise. The front =
glass is=20
fine, there are some marks in the coating of the rear element that do =
not effect=20
image quality. Before I bought this lens used I shot several rolls of =
chromes=20
trying to notice any image imperfections from these coating marks and I =
could=20
never see any.&nbsp; Nikon rear cap and non-Nikon, plastic front cap. =
This was=20
probably my favorite (non-Leica) lens. I'm only giving it up because I =
finally=20
got the Leica 21mm 2.8 M.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I can Email jpegs of both to anyone who's =
interested. Both=20
have been described a &quot;press corps ugly,&quot; but I don't think =
they look=20
that bad - I've certainly seen much worse. I've tried to price them to =
reflect=20
their condition.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>If someone wants to buy them both, =
I'll pay=20
shipping, second-day in the lower 48 upon receipt of purchase=20
price.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Bryan</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_009F_01BE5067.E4F0EA40--