Subject: Re: [Leica] FILM
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 06:10:48 -0800

Darrell,

Customs is not the problem - it's the xray machines at security checkpoints.
I take all my film out of the boxes and plastic cannisters. The bare rolls
go into zip lock plastic bags - unexposed go six to a pint-sized heavy-duty
freezer bag, exposed go however many I can cram in. The smaller bags then
all go into one or two gallon size clear zip lock bags. These go in my
carry-on luggage and I pull them out and ask for a hand inspection at the
xray machines. I've never been refused, although I've had the bags opened
and the individual rolls gone through. I think the key is to make it as easy
as possible for the security people. This way the bags are easy to look
through and I try to be early and have them ready to go before I even
approach the machine, so I'm not holding up the line.

BTW, if you really have to go through customs/immigration (and not just
security) eight times to get to Belize, find another travel agent <g>.

Bryan