Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Enlarger Lenses
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 17:51:08 -0800

Camera lenses are designed to capture the 3-D world. Enlarger lenses are
designed to project a flat image on a flat baseboard. You can, of course,
use a camera lens on an enlarger, but compared with flat field enlarger
lenses, it's a waste of time, money, and effort. It's like saying "I have a
tractor", " "why do I need a car?" A tractor and a car have wheels, engine,
and a seat or two. You should not take a long trip, or a date to the movie,
on a tractor. You should not plow a field using a car.

You will get inferior results with a camera lens on an enlarger.

Jim