Subject: [Leica] B&W output from digital devices
From: Mikiro M <arbos@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:02:40 +0100

I love grains in B&W (and also in colour).  Will it be possible to visualise
beautifully distributed grains as you see in the works by Ralph Gibson and
Michael Kenna, to name a few, with digital devices?  I used to scan my film
(Neopan 1600 or Tri-X) at 2700 dpi and print it with Fuji Pictrography 3000
at 400 dpi.  As you imagine, I could see no grains.  Well, I may be
completely wrong in trying to visualise silver grains with digital devices.

BTW, I do like inkjet printouts in some settings (e.g., on paper for water
painting).  You can sometimes have very interesting results. ;-)

Mikiro Mori
Strasbourg, Europe
Visit my gallery at
http://members.tripod.com/arbos3/cigogne/index.html