Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: glass or plastic
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 0:04 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Roger wrote:

> << www.imagek.com . >>
> Wow!!!They don't say whether or not it will fit in an M-Leica. I shoot
> the M3,
> M4-2, and my favorite is a clunky but wonderful e lug M5. I'm sold when
> it
> comes out.

We've been round this loop quite a few times now.

- - They've yet to show a working model.
- - The estimated delivery time always seems to be six months away ( this
  has been the case for well over a year).
- - The sensor is *much* smaller than the 35mm frame.
- - It's 100ASA only.
- - Since the cartridge to image centre distance for 35mm is not
  standardised, it won't fit all 35mm cameras (as they promised
  initially).
- - The user interface is...er...'odd', since it can't have any controls.

I think the phrase is "believe it when you see it".

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)