Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Tripods
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:13 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Jim Brick writes:

> Over the years, and many many tripods later, I have personally found
> that
> the Gitzo 1228 Carbon Fiber Tripod is the most sturdy and easiest to use
> small tripod I have ever owned. I also use the Gitzo Tripod carrying
> strap
> (087B) to carry the tripod over my shoulder. Very lightweight, easy to
> carry, never in the way, always ready to use. I carried this over my
> shoulder, for the month of September 98, throughout Europe. It was
> great.

I've just bought a Velbon 6400. Magnesium alloy and carbon fibre (that's
fiber to our transatlantic chums) like the Gitzo, similar specification
otherwise, but about half the price.

See http://www.velbon.com/car-640.html

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)