Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Stigma
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:16:44 -0500

At 06:12 PM 1999-01-25 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Since when can junkies not smell money? If your out thiere in your
>tweeds and your red dots and your halaberten cases they you see you
>coming for blocks away. " how many fixes is rolling this guy worth?"
>What Profile did Josef Kodelka keep sleeping under a park bench?

Precisely my point, Mark.  The fences will ONLY take cameras which they, in
turn, can readily market.  They can't sell a Leica easily, so they won't
buy it.  They WILL buy Nikons or Canons or Olympus cameras and the like, as
these can be easily sold.

There simply isn't much of an underworld market for Leicas, and the junkies
aren't looking for them.  The Bad Guys ARE looking for Nikon et al., as
these can be turned into Ready Cash.

I represent these guys in Court, and I invite you to spend a week in my
office.  Having met the criminal element, I suspect you'll recognize the
truth in what Jim and I have been saying.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!