Subject: [Leica] Leica Stigma
From: mgb67@webtv.net (Scott Kercher)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:08:39 -0500 (EST)

In my entire life I've only seen 3 people using Leica equiptment, and 2
of these 3 times I was not in the US. First was a girl on our tour bus
in Greece using a M4-2, and the second time was in Tulum where I came
across a gentleman changing lenses on his M3 in one of the ruins. I go
to a lot of places where there are photographers, like vintage car races
or airshows, and I'm the only Leica in the bunch. I sometimes get
comments, usually from older gentlemen than me [I'm 45]. Funniest remark
was this last summer, I was changing lenses and a man walked up to me
and in an excited voice said " What kind of camera is that?"  "Leica", I
said. "What model?" "M2", " I had an M2, an M3, and an M4! Sold them!
Biggest mistake of my life!!" and walked off.....
Scott