Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas in movies (or TV shows)
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:36:35 -0800

> From: Mark Hammons AM
>
> Don't know if many LUGers watch the "X Files" but
> last nights episode showed a guy using an LTM Leica.

Last night, I tried to brush up on my Swedish and watched a video of "Mitt
Liv Som Hund" (My Life as a Dog), a thoughtful, sometimes funny look at a
young boy trying to grow up in a sad family condition in the late 1950's
(film made in 1985). One of the mother's redeeming qualities was her use of
a Leica, shown very briefly to be a III of some kind, probably the IIIf.
The next scene is of her getting very angry when her two boys open the
darkroom door as she is printing. That could produce a sad family condition
at my house, too!

A really great scene at the end of the movie shows people listening to the
radio when boxer Ingamar Johansson beats Floyd Patterson. The Swedish
village goes into joyous celebration, capping some of the smaller victories
in the lives of other characters in the film.

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger