Subject: Re: [Leica] experience buying from tamarkin or chatterton?
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 06:35:49 -0600

Rick Carter wrote:

> I intend to purchase some used lenses/accessories from either Tamarkin
> or Don Chatterton.  Has anyone dealt with these companies, and if so,
> are there gradings of used equipment accurate, are they reputable, and
> have you had trouble trying to return anything?  Thanks,  Rick

Rick -

I have bought one M lens from Don Chatterton and would use him again
without hesitation.  I thought his grading was very conservative, and
have had no reason to try to return anything to him.  I have rented M
lenses from Tamarkin, quite satisfactorily, but haven't bought from
them.

Cheers,
Kip