Subject: Re: [Leica] exposure rules
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:26:05 -0700

Kevin, one of the coolest aspects of The Zone System is one which can also
require some rethinking: You are *not* looking for a mid-grey surface from
which to spot-meter, because, as you have learned, this is little better
than guesswork. Rather, you are looking at your little Zone scale (if you
have one, which I don't) and arbitrarily deciding that the field of grass
shall be placed in say, Zone V. Once that crucial decision has been made,
the only reason to meter other subjects is to determine where they fall in
relation to that field of grass.

Jeff