Subject: Re: [Leica] Jobo processors
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:30:00 -0700

Nathan, the CPE-2 Plus is a real treat to use for smaller batches and
processing temperatures above ambient. You may wish to purchase the complete
set including processing drum, thermometer and reels, as the price seems a
little better. Also, the included thermometer is useful, as the CPE-2's
temperature dial calibration is very approximate. Don't worry if the heating
seems a little uneven--let it cycle for 90 minutes or so, and measure
temeratures from one of the chemical bottles or graduated cylinders--that's
all that matters. Once you've found the dial setting which gives you the
desired temperature, mark it. It would not be difficult to recalibrate the
dial, but I haven't determined if the error's constant tnroughout it's
range, and if not, I'd be wasting my time.

At least in the US of A, Jobo runs promotions periodically, with a recent
one making the $200 lift kit practically free! No, none of my local dealers
were aware of it--I had to find the information on Jobo's website.

I can think of two reasons why your processing times would not change much
with this rotary processor: First, it's a fairly slow, gentle sort of
agitation. Secondly, you are using far less chemistry, and particularly in
the case of Xtol, you are pretty thoroughly exhausting it.

Definitely recommended!

Jeff