Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: XTOL Suddenly Dying
From: "Michael D. Turner" <mike@lcl-imaging.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:21:57 -0800

Ben-
I know of nothing easier and more reliable than a quick "snip" test. If you
have a darkroom available, just pour some developer in a small beaker,
developing tank, or tray, some water in a second one (optional), some fixer
in a third one (also optional). You only need enough to develop a snip of
exposed film. Don't bother to temper anything, unless your darkroom is
cold. Measure the temp of the developer and develop the snip for the
required time. If you want just a quick go/nogo, don't even bother to fix
it, just rinse the developer off, turn on the lights and look at it. If the
image is blank, or weak, toss the developer.

If the success of your project is highly critical, and a reshoot is
impossible or costly, then surely the time it takes to fully process and
evaluate a test roll is justifiable.

- -Mike
At 07:54 AM 1/23/1999 -0800, Ben, you wrote...