Subject: [Leica] photography in the rain
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:18:51 -0500

My PAD project for today was a mixed flock of Cedar Waxwings and Robins
(with a stray Swainson's Thrush) feasting on the berries in the neighbor's
yard.  Sacramento is under a heavy overcast today, with a light and steady
rain.  Light was dismal; with K200 in the SL, shutter speeds were between
1/60 and 1/100 at f/4.8 (280 Telyt-V) on a (yecch) tripod.  I'll admit it,
the tripod is useful sometimes, and if I gotta use a tripod the Tiltall's
the one I'll use.

I haven't had problems with light rain on the SL for short periods of time
but I don't want to get it soaked.  Has anyone used any sort of rain cover
over a long lens?

Doug Herr
Sacramento