Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol and New Ilford 3200?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:35:43 -0800

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> >With all the positive comments on Kodak's Xtol devloper, I may actually
> >overcome my fear (see post on my Cosby ordeal) and try it again. Anyone
> >playing with the 'new' Delta 3200 film?
snip Now I
> do not need Delta 3200 to shoot at 2400, for that I can just as well push
> Tri-X  which costs less that half of what Delta 3200 costs. I developed for
snip

I've tried all kinds of split developers, water baths super compensating
or pushing this or that but I've never been able to get shadow detail
out of Tri x @ 2400 let alone 1600. Maybe 800 in Diafine. I think the
film might be worth the extra bucks to shoot at those ISO's. Just like
TMAx 3200 or Fuji 1600 which both give me 1600 with most developers.
They are in the extra high speed film category because of this shadow
detail which is where you determine your ISO/ASA.
Mark Rabiner