Subject: Re: [Leica] M mount Hexar-2
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:51:33 +0100

The first mention I saw of this was in Foto Magazin of March '98. It was
announced as something certain to be seen during '98 and sustained by an
artist sketch. The sketch clearly showed electronic contacts à la G and
a non-M mount.

The same issue had other predictions: a TTL M6 (!), the EOS-3, a 28-105
mmm f2.8 Canon IS lens, a 135mm f2.8 for the Contax G system, a Pentax
MZ-1, a 28-70 f2.8 AF-D Nikkor. So some predictions were right on spot,
and some got nowhere.

Looks like that March magazine took just over 2 months to be relayed by
a Japanese magazine (just before Photokina) and then bounced back to the
Internet community.

During all that time I have not seen a single indication from Konica
(interviews, articles in other magazines) that an interchangeable lens
Hexar was on the way. Even less with a M mount. Any other sources on the
matter ?

Alan