Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax color rendition
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:40:13 +0100

Eric Welch wrote:

> >But there can be no question -- the Contax pictures exhibited a slight but
> >noticeable yellowish tinge.
>
> That was Contax G2. I'm referring to the SLR system. And it's been some
> years since then.

Eric,

Sorry for doing this again, but here is an opiniated quote by you from 2
days ago. You must admit it sounds very different to your statement
hereabove. It is difficult to duel with you in those conditions ;-)

QUOTE
"I meant Zeiss Contax lenses. That is, actually confirmed to me by Blake
Ziegler, the father of the Contax G2, and head honcho at Contax USA. All
Contax G and SLR lenses are "neutral" by his definition, and Leica is
warmer. I agree with him, but for me Leica is neutral and Zeiss is
blue."
UNQUOTE

So : yellow ?  blue ? red ? green ? neutral ?  Till Erwin gets back
with  the results of his deviation measurements to the ISO standard,
I'll restate my feeling, based on my multiplatform experience (with my
less than perfect retina) and respect for CdI benchmarks: there is no
systematic color cast to current ranges of lenses from the main
respected vendors.

Alan