Subject: Re: [Leica] Trying to figure out the way to get better deals!
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:28:08 -0600

>of myself by making predictions....Rolex, Jaguar, etc., are still
>around.....but Collins radio (as we knew it) and Drake (soon to be
>history, see their web page if you're into that)...and McIntosh
>Audio didn't make it.....(don't give me crap about McIntosh, it's
>as good as history, to those of you familiar with the marque)
>It'll be interesting to follow Leica for a few years!!
>
>Sometimes I feel like a damn fool owning Leica.  But NOT owning
>it probably won't change that.  I >AM< one of the exceptions,
>driving a piece of crap, wearing old clothes, with $10,000 worth
>of cameras and radios.....maybe I should sell all of it and buy
>something nice for the wife and/or kid......nah.....
>I actually DID sell my Mcintosh, Radio Craftsman, Western Electric
>collection and buy a house!!

>Cheers,
>Walt

Walt,

I hear what your saying about buying old stuff -- thats my Leica collection
- -- and I realize I'm an exception.  Did the same thing with my 2 Bimmers
- -- one was 7 and the other 11 years old when I bought them.  It is really
helpful to the pocketbook to buy Nice Used stuff -- if at all possible.   Have
some nice Telescope equipment bought that way as well.

Speaking of the Ham gear -- you sound like you might be one of those
guys that enjoys working 80 meters groundwave chewing with local
folks in Texas and southern Oklahoma on AM using old tube equipment!  :-)

Mark Hammons