Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros have an excuse. : )>>>>>>>
From: "James R. Nelon" <JNelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:59:04 +0800

I almost never use a 50mm lens. As close to 50mm as I get is with the 60mm macro,
but I'm using that lens up close for cobwebs and things like that. I just find
other focal lengths more interesting, perhaps because the longer and shorter
lenses deliver a perspective that is not "normal" to the eye. I'll use a whole
range of focal lengths throughout the day, but at the end of a day of shooting
I've noticed that frequently I'll have the 250mm on one R8 and the 19mm on the
other one. Extremes for me capture the images in compelling ways.

As to Noct bashing, I hope you do enjoy pushing water uphill . . .

Jim

Greg Locke wrote:

> At 01:25 PM 17/01/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >Greg:
> >
> >Before you blaspheme any more, maybe you should try the Noctilux.  If you
> >want to pay the courier fees, I will gladly loan you mine for a week.
> >Better yet, the next time you are in Halifax, look me up and I will let you
> >give it a try.  I have a used 75mm Summilux on the way as well.  You could
> >try that at the same time.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Robert
>
>         A truly kind and generous offer, Robert... and I will certainly come
> visit when I'm over in Halifax again.
> ... but the fact is, I just don't like 50mm!
>
> Am I the only photographer on the list that doesn't have any use for the 50mm?
>
> perplexed...
>
> "Sla'inte chugat!"
> Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
> St. John's, Newfoundland.
> TOUCHED BY FIRE; doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
> McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
> http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm

- --
James R. Nelon
Hong Kong, China