Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros have an excuse. : )>>>>>>>
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:44:33 -0600

>Am I the only photographer on the list that doesn't have any use for the 50mm?
>
>perplexed...

No, Greg, you are far from the only photographer who doesn't like "normal"
focal lengths. Ansel Adams was another.

But I think a lot of photographers haven't actually tried them enough to
say one way or the other. Not you! But many. I for one love the look of
normal lenses. Though at this point I favor 35mm, I plan to get a 50
Summilux R and probably a Noctilux eventually, and a 50 Summicron M for
when I don't want the weight of the Noctilux. The pictures I have that are
taken with 50mm or 55 or 60 mm lenses have a classic look to them. Kind of
like what pictures looked like in the past. No surprise, they were in much
more use back then.

Different strokes.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO