Subject: Re: [Leica] Overhualing (recoating)a lens: cost?
From: "Andreas Frijdal" <frijdal@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:44:59 +0100

dear all,

I can warmly recommend John van Stelten (not because he has Dutch roots,
like me)  he did an excellent job on my 50mm summicron. It had some
mechanical problems but the recoating was the most impressive part it became
my favourite lens (28/35/90/135)  . I miss the box to
qualify it +ACI-mint and boxed+ACI-. The price that Dan quotes is correct. He also
did a CLA on my M4-P to great satisfaction. The only nuisance are the import
duties which are usually charged, so better go through a friend in the US or
use it as an excuse to make a little trip to the States as I did.

Dr Andreas Frijdal
Casalmonte
50020 San Polo in Chianti (Fi)
Tuscany
Italy

frijdal+AEA-tin.it   +-39-055-8307318 home
frijdal+AEA-iue.it  +-39-055-4685332 work