Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica filters + stuff
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:29:43 -0800

There is no evidence that Leica filters are multicoated. Many B+W filters
can be obtained multicoated. They are usually in stock at either "The
Filter connection" or "B&H Photo".

For you UV buffs... Take a clean sheet of white paper and, under reasonably
good illumination, lay a B+W UV filter and a Leica UV filter on it. Then
look at the two filters. The Leica filter will be yellow while the B+W will
show no color. I did this at KSP only a few months ago. It is true. You can
draw your own conclusions.

BTW, the ONLY brand of filter that can be screwed into the lens on the
28/2.8 PC-R lens is B+W. A Schneider lens that will only take Schneider
filters...

Jim