Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica filters + stuff
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 15:38:38 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> There is no evidence that Leica filters are multicoated. Many B+W filters
> can be obtained multicoated. They are usually in stock at either "The
> Filter connection" or "B&H Photo".

The only evidence that Leica filters are multicoated are the pretty
rainbows that reflect off them in the light and the $######.## price
tags. Many B+W filters can be obtained (off the rack) multicoated just
as long as they are the UV. Otherwise you wait for months. I've had my
eye peeled for a yellow green and a red.
I assume you are saying that the Leica UV's (not that I care) are really
skylight's. No?
Mark Rabiner