Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: 50 1.4 Test Results
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:58:13 -0800

NO, NO, NO!  What the article was is a comparison of manual focusing SLRs
vs. autofocus SLRs.
Lenses made for manual focusing produced sharper images than their
equivalent AF lenses.  Even focusing the AF lens manual did not do better.
Why?  As I remember, AF produced the best possible guess at a focus, while
manual focusing lenses were easier to have dead on thereby producing better
results.  More than that I don't remember, but I will review the article and
let LUGs know the month of the issue if they would be interested.

Peter K