Subject: Re: [Leica] Help! Indecision..M4-P vs. CL and Adapters?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:06:48 -0500

At 09:16 PM 1999-01-13 -0500, Bob Keene wrote:

>I have a good lead on a M4-P in user condition for about $600; seems
>very nice! But, should I consider waiting for a clean CL..? Would love
>to hear some opinions from actual shooters.
>And... if I use adapters (Leica screw mount to M Bayonet) on my screw
>lenses, can one change lenses as quickly as regular M lenses? See, I
>know nothing!
>Are there any drawbacks to the SM to M adapters route?
Bob

Grand to have you on board!  It's always wonderful to see a familiar name
surface.

Good heavens, Bob, go for an M over a CL any day of the week.  The CL IS a
nice camera, as is the CLE, but there are too many limitations to the
breed, and they're a bit fragile, all in all.

There really aren't any drawbacks to the adaptor route for LTM lenses.  Now
you can upgrade from that ghastly Nikkor to a decent Russian lens, such as
the superb 1.5/50 Jupiter-3 (a clone of the Prewar Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar),
a wonderful lens, and an inexpensive one, as well.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!