Subject: Re: [Leica] Polar Bears - off topic but so is everything else I've seen lately
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 17:27:20 -0400

Gary:

Is it too late in the year for the polar bears?  I thought they were best
in October-November and after the ocean froze in December, they went out on
the ice.

E200 is a great film with high speed and not too much contrast.  You will
probably need the speed for the light levels there.  I would however, shoot
a few test rolls now at various pushes and get them processed by the same
lab that will be doing your film from Churchill.

I imagine you will need a longer and faster telephoto than the 280.  You
may want to see if you can rent a 400 2.8 and converters.  You will also
want a very good tripod.  Lastly, dress warmly and take lots of batteries
or a R6.2.

Regards,

Robert Stevens