Subject: [Leica] Re: CLE and Leica Lenses
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 18:29:50 +0800

To the inquiry about CLEs and Leica lenses, the CLE has 28mm 40mm and 90mm
framelines. The 35mm Summicron and Summilux ASPHs work fine, older 35mm
lenses will mount turned to closest focusing distance, but won't focus
beyond about 10 ft before binding. I use a 35 Summicron ASPH on my CLE and
it brings up the 40mm frameline, also use a 24 ASPH (with finder) and a 90
Elmarit (90 mm frame line comes up) without any trouble. For flash a Metz
32 CT 4 with the SCA 331 adaptor (for minolta) gives good TTL,, and for off
camera flash the cord SCA 307A works fine connecting camera and flash head
- -which I use with an umbrella set up. If you want flash, and Leica M series
lenses this is an excellent way to go.
See Stephen Gandy's site http://www.cameraquest.com/ and read all about the
CLE, Leica lens combos, and various flash tricks.
Best Regards
Howard Cummer.