Subject: [Leica] Re: 35 ASPHs and CLEs
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 09:20:41 +0800

Akhil Lal <alal@bcc.cuny.edu> wrote
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: CLE and Leica Lenses

>The CLE will not work with the 35mm Summilux Asph.
>I tried this combo and it would bind when attempting to focus on distant
>objects.
>The 35mm Summilux non-asph  does not work either.
>Both will work on the CL, I believe

Dear Akhil,
Interesting to hear of your experience. I have my Summilux ASPH and
Summicron ASPH here in front of me with my CLE and both lenses mount and
focus without any difficulty. Perhaps anyone buying a CLE and 35 ASPH
lenses should try the combo before buying but my experience is that my
ASPHs work fine,  older 35mm lenses both Summicron and summilux which I
owned experienced the same problem you describe.
Best Regards
Howard