Subject: [Leica] Business in Hong Kong
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 06:52:46 +0800

At 17:17 30/11/1998 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:

>etc.), except we buy the printing in Hong Kong. We'll most likely move to,
>perhaps a Singapore printer, since the reds now own Hong Kong. Can't see
>any of my money going to help that lot!
Dear Jim,
The American Heritage Institute just announced that Hong Kong has the
second most free economy in the world - after Singapore. Last year Hong
Kong was first and lost that position because of intervention of the
Government in the stock market to curb hedge fund speculation against the
Hong Kong dollar. China, according to the Heritage Institute is 138 on the
list. Hong Kong governs itself as part of the "one country - two systems"
concept and for us who live here nothing much has changed since the British
have gone (except Gus the English Motorcycle cop has been replaced on TV's
"Police Report" by a Chinese lady - but Gus is still patrolling the
highway).:>)) Jim, I hope that you will do your book printing where you get
the best value for money and if that is Hong Kong please keep up with your
present relationships. And (on topic) Hong Kong is a great place to buy
Leica equipment!
Best Regards
HOward Cummer