Subject: [Leica] LUG is a family (Way Off Topic)
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 11:29:36 -0500

The McClures wrote:

> Bud Cook wrote:
>  We'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I didn't have to buy a Suburban
> or pickup to tow it with<SNIP>
>
> Bud,
>
> We have a travel trailer (though not an Airstream)and have found a Jeep
> Grand Cherokee V-8 to be an excellent vehicle to tow our 30 footer.  The
> Jeep is factory rated to tow 6,500 pounds and is a blast to drive solo.
> Of course, a Range Rover would make a nice tow vehicle and would exhibit
> finer taste (albeit at a cost).  We also have a "Bimmer", but it is
> useless for towing! ;-)
>
> Rob McClure

Rob,

We get into some pretty strange tangents here on the LUG. People talk about
BMWs, scotch, politics even guns. But usually there is some obtuse
correlation with Leicas. However, in the interest of netiquette and group
protocol, please indicate that this is "off-topic" in the subject line so I
don't have to read about Airstreams and Suburbans. Or, better yet, send it
privately.  TIA.

Carl Socolow