Subject: Re: [Leica] Apology and Oratory (was: Apples and Oranges)
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 17:23:02 +0100

Peter,

You're absolutely right.  It's time to confess.  The Leica User Group
mailing list consist *solely* of people who:

   ...don't shoot pictures;

   ...only buy the latest, most expensive Leica gear available
      and sit in leather chairs, sipping single malts and
      admiring the chrome finishes;

   ...only handle the cameras using clean, well-worn underwear;

   ...passionately beleive that anything with a red dot on it
      is better than anything without one;

   ...occasionally boost the single malt haze when studying
      the chrome finishes by employing a polarizing filter,
      but never through indiscriminate use of UV-filters;

   ...think science is a lot of fooey, unless channelled through
      Erwin;

   ...all secretly work on commission for Leica in order to boost
      sales;

   ...couldn't spell autofocus;

   ...absolutely never, under any circumstances, show that they
      have a sense of humour... ;-)

Welcome aboard!

M.

Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:

> Jeeezz...I can't win here.  I wonder if people on the LUG really shot
> pictures or just hug their Ms and Rs each day.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho