Subject: Re: [Leica] SM Leicas
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 01:10:32 -0500

Bob M-
Well, I still have a IIIf, a IIIc, and a IIIa- does that make me serious
enough!
I want to get my Summar cleaned- it's uncoated, but a lot of haze, though
the pictures I get have a dreamy quality- like a 'misty' filter, only
details are resolved that you'd never see in a misty shot... wierd but nice!
The Summitar is a nice lens- I regret I sold mine so I am getting another- I
just hope it is as nice as the last one I had...
I use them because they are fun, and simple- with a 35 Summaron, I can zone
focus at f8 and use the darn thing like a P&S, but the results are so much
nicer!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com