Subject: [Leica] SM Leicas
From: Robert Meier <RobertMeier@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 00:35:22 -0500

A few months ago I got a IIIc with an uncoated Summarit lens.  I have been
shooting Agfapan 400 with it, guessing the exposures, and getting great
results.  And I'm really getting to like the IIIc itself, as well as the
pictures it produces.  They are sharp, but soft, at the same time.  The
rangefinder is dead-on and I often shoot it wide open at f2 indoors and I
get the most wondrous soft out-of-focus areas that I have ever seen.  The
camera is small and handles extremely well(I had DAG CLA the shutter and
rf).  I have been using a Leitz 5cm. brightline finder with it, which gives
a 100% view that is bright and can be used with both eyes open jso the
framlines float in front of me.  Is any one else shooting with SM cameras
on any sort of serious basis?  I would like to hear about others'
experiences.

Bob
Robertmeier@compuserve.com