Subject: RE: [Leica] Apples and Oranges
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:32:05 -0800

Peter Kotsinadelis wrote:
>This is a very interesting group.>>>>

Hi Peter,

You got that part right! :)

"I get back a bunch of "old man talk" about how Leica is still the better
choice because the lenses are so good.  Jeeezz...I can't win here.>>>>

Sure you do Peter, you win because you're here and we wouldn't want it any
other way. You are acontributer to the family.  However! :)

The "old man talk" usually comes from those of us with 30 or 40 years of
experience in various aspects of using Leica's in published work and still
being published or working. No we didn't, don't and never have hugged our
M's and R's for body warmth. Women are better for that!:)

Besides there are some here who are working full time on daily newspapers
and other publishing houses. Yep and others working on books or advertising
as full time photographers. It may sound at times like a bunch of "old
farts" jumping on you, but in reality we just get a bit touchy at times
(haven't had the Geritol fix for the day) :) But no put downs are ever
intended.

<<<But for the working photog, it is only one piece in the arsenal.  You
still need more tool to build the house and clientele.>>>>>>

But in some cases that "arsenal" contains a half dozen Leica's of various
models and a big bag of lenses from 15mm to 400mm. And a few folks have
auto everything cameras as well. And you are quite correct in saying you
need more than one piece.  Most of us do.

Have a great New Year and we look forward to more posts on the LUG, as
every person always brings new conversation, some get the heat on occaision
and some get the flowers. But one thing for sure, there isn't any place
better to learn about photography and Leica than on this site.
ted

one of the old men talker's :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant