Subject: Re: [Leica] Apples and Oranges, cromlech and soccer
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:45:52 +0100

At 02:29 30/12/98 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote :

The reason pros don't opt for Leica is more than price.  The cameras hold
up, but if you need it for action the R8 simply can't compare with the new
Canons and Nikons, as you say Apples and Oranges.  R-Lenses are very
comparable to the better EOS L lenses these days with computerised optics.
I know LUG will find this herecy but its true.

I agree with you. A Leica R camera is perfectly adapted to photograph
cromlechs, not soccer players.
This afternoon, I've tried to photograph, for the first time in my life, a
soccer match with my R4s2 without motor. A disaster. Moreover without
autofocus, I was unable to shoot at the right moment.
I think I'm going to return to the cromlech...

Dominique Pellissier