Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Apples and Oranges
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 22:39:10 -0600

>As for R-user, I can't understand or explain them, I just hope the
>R-system doesn't bury Leica financially.

For the past 20 years the R system has been a mainstay of Leica's survival.
And at times outsells the M system. So sales have dropped for a year. It's
no surprise after the introduction of a new camera. Especially when the
Internet can play a role in drop of sales because of overblown rumors of
bad early bodies.

Just because YOU can't see why anyone would use the R system is ridiculous
to jump from that to it being something we should all believe. You are not
everyone, and those of us who do use it find it very useful, extremely
versatile, and the equal of the M system optically.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch