Subject: Re: [Leica] new non-leica M-mount rangefinders?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 22:29:56 -0600

>a 35/1.4 lens
>and I really prefer the silence of a rangefinder for indoor shooting
>of musicians. I am researcher and a part-time student so the $$$
>outlay for the M6 is a big chunk of my income. I have been
>contemplating a CL as a lower cost alternative

The CL is probably not the best choice for shooting with a 35mm 1.4. You
might want to try a used Leica M4-2 or M4-P rather than an M6 if you have a
separate meter. And you might be able to get away with a 35 f/2 and save
some bucks. But whatever you do, don't try to shoot a 35 1.4 with a CL. The
focusing isn't going to be as accurate.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO