Subject: [Leica] Minox 35GT
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 12:31:05 EST

Dear Colleagues,

The lens of a Minox GT has a remarkable similarity to the 2.8 50mm Elmar. I
think the same group at Leitz developed it for Minox. Very close to its
performance is the lens in the Olympus XA.

What I find very useful in the Minox GT family is the conventional hot flash
shoe. Very few compacts have that feature. I think one of the pricey Leica
compacts has a hot shoe, after I called their attention to the fact that this
would differentiate the Minilux from most of the competition. But, there
again, Minox was way ahead.

The Minox GT is a thinking photographer's camera that when preset to DOF
performs better than most AF's. No zoom of course, but if you're where you're
supposed to be, you don't need a zoom.

Also, might I suggest to our list owner that he keep the list posts short
enough not to require attachments.

Best,
Bob