Subject: [Leica] "Derek Zeanah" <dzeanah@mindspring.com>
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 19:09:04 -0400

Derek:

I would be interested in your MR meter.  Is it chrome or black?  I would
also be willing to trade all or some of the gear for some Hasselblad stuff
I have

I could trade some Hasselblad gear.  I have:

Pistol grip mint-

Magnifying hood in box ex++

A16 645 back, mint- except film speed dial is floppy from being bent up too
far

A12 Back mint-

closeup lens proxar .5 - in box like new fits 80/2.8,120/5.6 150/4 250/5.6

Let me know if anything interest you in trade.  The more valuable items
would require you to pay me some cash in addition to the MR meter.

Merry Christmas

Robert Stevens

At 04:27 PM 12/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hate to do this, but the job that helped me justify buying the following
equipment is now sucking up all the daylight hours (but the 4 hour per day
commute isn't helping).  It's become extremely difficult to justify the
investment when the equipment isn't getting regular use, so I've decided to
sell it off.  I'll buy another M system as soon as my schedule allows me to
justify it again...

>All the equipment is in user condition -- everything that matters (glass,
finders, shutter speeds, etc )is in near-perfect shape, but it all shows a
significant amount of (cosmetic) wear.  I'm just trying to get what I put
into it back out again, so following are the items I've got for sale along
with the prices I paid for them.  10-day inspection period souds fair, and
I'll pay (CONUS) shipping.

>Would be willing to trade for darkroom equipment (a decent quality 6x6
enlarging lens is my main need, but the wife built me a darkroom in the
basement as a Christmas gift, so I have a number of needs...), Hasselblad
items ('A' series backs, maybe a prism or wide-angle), or a Nikon macro
lens (105 would be nice).  Am open to other suggestions (reloading
equipment with .308 and .45 dies?), and am flexible.

>Will be glad to split things up -- this is just the way I purchased them.
E-mail for details on specific items

>M4P + 40mm M-Rokkor: $800
>
>35mm Summicron and 90mm Elmarit (both 70's vintage, both with front cap
and lens hood; only one back cap though): $925

>Leicameter MR-4 (with new mercury battery): $110
>
>Bowers 'M' book, Leica Manual circa 1973, some Leica 39mm filters (all
colored filters for B&W) also sitting around.