Subject: Re: [Leica] BEST WISHES AND TWO QUESTIONS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:29:36 -0600

>.I don't believe
>that Nikon F/F2 had a failure rate of more than 1-2% in the first
>year or two of ownership (exc. possibly that damn photomic -- but
>that ain't the camera I referred to anyway)

Shoot, that's nothing. When the F3 was ending its day as the king of SLRs,
the first year failure rate was, I believe, 0.5 percent according to one
Nikon rep. I talked to. Darn pretty impressive.

And I really doubt the R8 had a 20 percent failure rate even in the beginning.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 Backups? We doan *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER