Subject: Re: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:13:39 -0600

>And the 25 cameras mentioned in the article are?

1: Deardorf 5x7
2: F5
3: Canon EOS-3 (just came out! And no R8? Something's wrong here...)
4: Rolleiflex 6008
5: A "G8" flatbed camera - whatever that is.
6: Leica M6 TTL
7: A monorail view camera (too many close together to single one out? Cowards!)
8: (Tie with 9) Mamiya RZ67 Pro II
9: (Tie with 8) Mamiya 7
10: Hasselblad 503CW with CW Winder
11: Contax G2 (Give me a break!)
12: Wista 45 DXII
13: Pentax 645N
14: Hasselblad Xpan
15: Nikon N90s
16: Minolta Maxxum 9 (the new pro camera just introduced - Hey, basis for
an R9? It's got stuff the F5 and EOS1n don't have!)
17: Tachihara 4x5 (tie with 18)
18: Calumet Wood Field
19: Fujica GA 645 Professional
20: Minolta HTsi
21: Pentax 67
22: Seagull WWSC-120 TLR
23: Canon ELPH
24: Nikon Coolpix 900
25: Olympus Stylus Epic.

I have to say I don't disagree with a lot of choices here, but it wouldn't
be my list.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot