Subject: Re: [Leica] BEST WISHES AND TWO QUESTIONS
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:52:54 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Well, I thought that photomic-bashing ought to be given a rest!
I've owned and used them since i bought one new in l974 or so....
They were fairly good meters, most of them haven't stood the test of
time too well, but I still use one occasionally, and I like the
"rugged Photojournalist" look to them......
that said, they do mess up the aesthetic beauty of an F/F2, and I HAVE
to believe that the camera's lines and controls were designed without
a thought to TTL metering....it just wasn't an issue in l957 (about the
time I'd guess the F was being designed.........

I also didn't go into why I think the F2 isn't the camera the F was --
even though I like the looks (only) of the F2......too much heresy
in one day is not a good thing.......but there were NO photographic/
reliability improvements in the F2 -- just more for the sake of more....
more widgets, many more parts, more options for failure, u-name-it.....
so it has to be the "second" best SLR......don't bother me with motor drive
discussions, we dinosaurs don't use them, think they're evil, etc....real men.....
you know the thread.......same for photomics.......give me a Weston or a
Spectra pro or a (gasp) sekonic 398, an F and M4, pack o' smokes, and a pickup truck.....

Happy Holi-overeating-days,
Walt