Subject: Re: [Leica] BEST WISHES AND TWO QUESTIONS
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:03:51 +0100

Lucien and Walt,

I've had nearly all of the photomics,

The FTN(3 of them), then the DP1 (5 of them), DP2, DP3, DP11 and DP12.
The most accurate was the DP3 but it broke quite rapidly. The DP12 was crazy
but was ok after being repared. The DP2 did not even work! Finally, the most
reliable were the old FTN and DP1 which I guess are nearly identical except
aesthetically...I have an old used up F with its FTN which is still accurate!

I agree with Walt that the F possesses some magic the F2 does not!
However, the MLU mechanism is much better on the F2. I think it's the F's
weak point.
But all of these camera do not feel as "silky" as the SLs....I know it's
just a matter of feel...