Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica Question
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 23:17:22 -0600

>My dealer has ordered me a replacement lens.  I guess maybe I'm expecting
>too much for a lens that costs only $3000.  I know it's the optics that
>count - and that's why I bought it to use instead of my Canon breech mount
>FD20/2.8 lens.  It would just be nice to receive one that was not banged up.

Sounds like you'll have one soon. You will love it!

I used mine a lot today. Shot stained glass, a trapper with possum, skunk
and raccoon skins hanging all over the place and a wreck where a truck
dumped a bunch of corn for about 300 feet along a freeway, at night. That
was the fun picture. Laid my R8 on my camera bag, stopped it down to about
f/8 at 3200 ISO (Fujicolor 800) and put it in aperture priority (matrix)
and let it rip. As police wandered by with flashlights and cars raced by,
headlights hit the corn which glowed in the night like gold. One picture
had an amazing bunch of red streaks from a truck going by. This lens
performs in really bad light with amazing image quality. I'll try to post
it on my web page soon.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Stay alert - you can observe a lot by watching. Yogi Berra