Subject: Re: [Leica] scanning question
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 23:09:29 -0600

>I have an EPSON slide scanner (Filmscan 200) which cant be compared to the
>Nikon
>coolscan (the epson has lower resolution), but, aside from that, when i
scan my
>slides I never seem to be able to capture the sharpness even on screen.
>I do use photoshop 5.0, but I am not sure whicxh filters to use.

Under filter is "Unsharp Mask." Use it as I talked about earlier today.
Scanning tends to not capture all of the sharpness of a picture. Unsharp
mask seems to restore it if used properly. If overdone, it can really mess
a picture up.

Unsharp masking is a term for a process that pre-press professionals used
in years gone by.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Stay alert - you can observe a lot by watching. Yogi Berra